Well, maybe it is, just not the news you want to hear. So Dr today was not so much fun. I was actually a 1, so that's progress right?? He did "scrape" somethings, which hurt like crap, but he thinks that will help spur on labor.
So needless to say we are not going into the hospital tonight, or going to be induced tomorrow. He gave us an option of going in tonight, or waiting until Monday to see what happens over the weekend. After much consideration, frustration and tears (by me not Christopher) we decided to wait it out. He said that if we started the stuff tonight, there's a 50/50 chance (studies show) that I would have to have a c-section. He said that those few more days of contractions and thinning would make for an easier induction on Monday, not to mention that I could go into labor on my own between now and then.
So that's where we are. Christopher and I are both a little disappointed, we were expecting to have a baby this week. But if it's better to wait, then we'll wait. I've always said, as long as I feel good and the baby is okay, I'll go as long as the Dr. will allow... Wish I never said that since it's coming true now. Christopher said today that we can have another "last dinner" as we have been calling our last meal without being parents, we've had several of those by now!
I took a picture of me this morning, my brother has been wanting to see me "big and pregnant." So I'll post it soon.
6 comments:
Okay, so it's now 2:15 so I guess I missed the bet. Maybe she'll come on the 9th which is Will's birthday, too. BTW, we miss you already, but at least we got Christopher around to keep us in good cheer.
Peabrain
Oh Mindi, I know you are so frustrated. You guys are doing the right thing though. You want to make sure you are good and ready to have her before she comes. I know YOU are ready, but you know what I mean. I will tell you though, that that "scrape" thing that they do at the doctor is what ended up breaking my water 24 hours later. I had been at the doctor the day before that...and man does that hurt (not to mention put you in a bad mood). Like I said though, enjoy every last second you have with Christopher. I am saying a little prayer for you.
Hang in there, Mindi! Addison will be worth the wait! I want to see a picture of you too. And I'm so excited to welcome another little "niece" into our big family of aunties!
kanyon is getting very excited..but we're out of town this weekend too...(kind of) I'm so scared you're gonna have her this weekend and we're all going to be out of town. Oh man..I"m stressed!!!
Hang in there, girl! I know it will be worth the waiting when you hold your little girl! You can do it!
uhhh... no news for THIS LONG is BAD NEWS FOR YOU! i'll have your REACH group wrap your house... see how you like that news...
ps... say hey to ADDY
Post a Comment