We had a lot of fun. The house felt very full inside and out but it was great! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! Lots of family and friends that might as well be family! I'll give a shout out to Mark for coming early to help Christopher grill, what wonderful friends we have!
We had a flower party... not really a lot of flowers there, but it was how we decorated the cake and cup cakes. I was pretty excited about the cake and cupcakes. I have to give credit to Melissa, a few weeks ago when she was here she searched the Internet for cute cakes and after looking for a few hours we combined several different ideas into these! I thought that they turned out good!! The best part.. the flowers and dots are starbursts, yum!!
Maggie and Grayson thought that Blake needed to help getting around
You would think that one of the kids would have been the first to spill something. Oddly enough it was Drew... and I don't really think that any of the kids ever split anything.
Blake and Mallory enjoying what Nonna and Grandad (Chris's parents) got Addison for her birthday!
Kanyon decided to cheese it up for the camera!
There were football games on... this was where you could usually find boys... and Mary Beth.
Addison and her cake. She was very careful and was taking a while to eat it.
Kanyon got a little bored and decided to eat Kory's shorts!
She paused and decided to soak up being the center of attention!
I mean, what else would you do when you have this many people watching you eat...
Yay... then she decided to dig in. I'm really not even sure how much of the cake she ate. She LOVED the icing the best.
PRESENTS!
At first she was really into opening and seeing what everything was...
Kanyon decided to get her a basketball so she wouldn't take his anymore! And he thought it was time for her to star learning how to ball!
Gotta love the shoes from Aunt Melissa, she got Addison her first pair of Nike's before she was born, now she was ready for a new pair!
Addison got a little bored opening presents so I asked the other kids if they wanted to come and help, obviously they jumped right in!!
Addison and Maggie enjoyed Melissa teaching them how to use the giant gumball like machine from my mom, Addison played with it a lot today!
Partying is hard work! Poppy and Addison were ready for a nap very soon after everyone left!
10 comments:
Oh man, Addison scored big time with the presents!! The cake & cupcakes look AWESOME! looks like you had loads of fun.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDISON!
Also, the pictures look great! I think all of them are great but especially the one of Mallory and Blake.
Addison is such a doll.
So impressed at how fast you put pictures up! We enjoyed Addison's party and Grayson has talked about it all afternoon. He said next year he wants to swim :) Glad we got to share Addison's special day!
Happy Birthday to Addison!! She is adorable!!
Thought about you guys lots yesterday. Hope you had an amazing time (looks like you did)! Very GOOD JOB on the cakes!!
Miss you!
Mel
awwww, happy birthday addison!
great pictures and great cake! way to go! i love how her dress matched. she is so beautiful! i love the curls ;)
looks like she had a great day! :)
How you cute is she?!! I can't believe she turned 1. I think my favorite picture is of her taking it all in. It's good to hear and see that she had a wonderful birhtday.
LOVE her cake and cupcakes, where did you get those flowers that taste like starbursts, I LOVE that! :) She is precious! What a fun party.
Happy Birthday to Addison! You did a great job on the cakes and cupcakes! Go Mindi! She is precious eating her cake. That's always the best part of any party.
I can't wait to start seeing her every Monday in music class!
Yay fun birthday month! Hope you guys all had a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment