Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SCHOOL!! and a few other things...

I put something on the blog last Friday about Addison going to school. I wanted to wait until I knew how she was doing at school before I wrote about it on the blog! She's going to Alpine Christian Academy, school at our church, on Monday's and Wednesday's. Last Friday they let me go ahead and let that be her first day since on Monday's she does the before and after school program and I didn't really want her first day to be 7-5, her school is 8:30 - 2:30. I'm glad they let her... Friday was not such a good day. It was both of the teachers first time in a class that age (first 12 -18 month class they've had at ACA) so they had a long day. Addison, or any of the kids, wouldn't take a nap and she cried from about 1:30 - 2:00. When I picked her us on Friday one of her teachers said "She's a very strong willed little girl," that told me how the day went... So, needless to say, I was a little nervous on Monday.But she did great! They said she was an angel on Monday and today! She getting the hang of it and has taken naps both days!! (I was really worried about the naps, she gets a little violent when she's tired)

Here are pictures of her first few days of school.

First day of school.

Second day of school... AKA, her birthday. I felt a little bad sending her to school on her birthday!!


Third day of school, TODAY! I had to take a picture because I love this outfit and I wasn't sure how much longer she'll be able to wear it since it's getting cooler!

Can you tell she was a little tired before we went to school today. So tired she couldn't even hold her blanket with her arms so she propped it underneath her chin.


Cheering on the Cowboys on Sunday. My Grandma sent me money to buy Addison something for her birthday. Christopher and I wanted to get her this so we pitched in the extra so Grandma and us got her this for her birthday!! Of course we had to give it to her a little early so she could wear it for the first game!!

Just happy the Cowboys are winning!


Mommy and Addison in our Cowboy stuff for the first game!!

Ready to go to the game in her birthday present from Christopher's Mimi (I want Addison to call her G-Mi)

And with birthday comes the forward facing car seat!! As I was adjusting the straps Addison came over and was ready to sit in it, so she climbed in and hung out so I decided to make sure I had the straps right. (love her curls in this picture!)
This car seat was my shower present from my ACU friends! I love it! Addison says thanks Ladies, she loves it, and it's so comfy!!

Last night she got away from me after the bath and before the diaper. Usually this is a big NO NO and she gets in trouble... I thought, it will be okay this one time, I'll see what she does... so she ran to the futon bed and climbed on...
Maybe that wasn't such a good idea... Oh well...

5 comments:

The Davis Daily said...

She is just too cute for words! I love the back-pack picture and the naked one especially with the pee-pee spot. How much fun is she? Hope you are all doing well.

Unknown said...

Cute little girl! Ricky told me after the fact that we had gotten and invitation to her party. We were out of town and I am sorry we missed it. It looked so fun! Can you believe you have a 1 year old?? i hope it was a great day.
Cindy

Silverthornes said...

wow, she is getting SO BIG! I love the picture of you guys together - and I LOVE her Cowboy's outfit - cute pictures

PS - I have not forgot about the $7 I owe you ;)

Leslie said...

OH these girls have SO much in common. I am speaking specifically about the naps and school.

Anonymous said...

those pics of her going to school are so cute...she looks sooo big...i showed off the cowboys cheer uniform and everyone was impressed...just waiting for the pic in the t.o. shirt!!!