Sunday, November 01, 2009

Our October

We had a fairly busy October! One of the first things that happened was a big wind storm came through. It didn't effect a lot of people, but it took down SEVERAL trees in our neighborhood. There are still plenty of houses with blue tarps on them where their trees went on their house. We were blessed though, only small limbs none of our big trees fell. But... because of all the trees that fell in our neighborhood we didn't have electricity for 2 days, AWESOME. So, we went to Elysian Field to stay with Christophers parents.

Before we left for EF, Addison and I piddled around the house. I needed to change the batteries in her rain forrest soother, but she decided she needed to do it instead! I love this picture. 1) because her hair is so crazy and it looks so red, 2) this picture really doesn't even look like her to me and 3) her eyes!!

While we were in EF we played in the puddles! WE took her rain coat and got some rain boots from Maggie and had some fun in the water!

Love her eyes in this picture!

Playing in the water!

"SPLASH MOMMY!"

She always has to go and help Grandad check cows. It was cool outside (50's) so I felt like I needed to bundle her up!
While we were staying in EF with Christopher's parent the pumpkins arrived at church! The next Wednesday after I picked her up from school we went and I let her pick out some pumpkins! We started out with 3, and somehow ended up with 7!
Allow me to introduce them, and yes, she can tell you which pumpkin is which!
Front Row, left to right - Baby Pumpkin, Honey Pumpkin, Nonna Pumpkin, Pappy Pumpkin.
Back Row, Left to Right - Daddy Pumpkin, Mommy Pumpkin, Grandad Pumpkin

She was so happy to have all her pumpkins! She just kept hugging them!

And hugging them...

And hugging them!

The next day in the mail Addison got a package from Carol Strickland. She gets these about once a month and they always have a new fun pillow case and another surprise. October was a butterfly pillow case and Princess Stickers!! She loved the stickers and immediately decided they needed to go on her pumpkins and she had to sit on her new "blanket" to put them on!

Here are all her pumpkins with their Princess stickers! Notice Daddy Pumpkin is in the back by itself without a Princess sticker! I'm sure Christopher is proud that Addison knows that Daddy Pumpkins don't need princess stickers!
The only thing Addison wanted to be for Halloween was a Horse. I wasn't really sure how that was going to happen so we borrowed Maggies cowgirl outfit for ACA's Fall Fest. It was perfect. She loved it and loved being a cowgirl! Here she is with her rope and hat (these didn't last long!)

Getting last minute instructions from Daddy before going into Fall Fest! Can't you just see the excitement in those eye! OH, I love it!

As soon as we got there I heard a voice behind me say "oh, Jack has been looking for his cowgirl!" So we tried to get them to pose for a picture, this is all Stacy and I could get. But aren't they so cute! Yes, those are her boots from Pappy that we was throwing a fit about at her party. She LOVES them now even though they so super big and make her walk pigeon toed!

Bowling with Miss Amy.

This was the sucker game. We weren't real sure the point of it. You had to pull a sucker and if you pulled one with black on the end then you got candy (not the sucker but other candy???). All Addison really cared about was the sucker. She went back several times and just watched. Finally the last time she just went up, grabbed the green sucker and took the wrapper off before we were sure what she was doing!

Sharing her sucker with Daddy!

Sitting so lady like, adoring her sucker!

Oh those boots!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness Mindi, Addison is sooooooo so cute! I love her curls, her blue eyes, and sweet smile.

I also wanted to say CONGRATS on your baby boy. That is so exciting!! He'll be here before you know it!!

Anonymous said...

I believe these are the cutiest pictures of her!!! You can really see her personality in her expressions!!! Thank-you for the picture udate!

Love
Honey

Amy Porter said...

so cute...still love that kid!!