Sunday, October 18, 2009

Suckiness!

There aren't too many words I have to describe the picture below.


Do you see that... yes, that is where the battery is... apparently it happens. Camera batteries randomly spill out battery acid and burn up your camera. Can't even get the memory card out since that side is so deformed. Good thing I downloaded everything on Friday. The smell is terrible. Camera is completely destroyed. Apparently there was nothing I could have done (besides not have the battery in) to prevent this. I think the lens that was on it is salvageable, just needs a GOOD deep cleaning from all the smoke.

Back to using the little camera again. I've got to figure out how to use it again, I got mad just trying to take a picture of this camera!

I cried of course. I think if I wasn't pregnant and emotional I would have been saying bad words instead.

I guess I'll see if I can combine all birthday and Christmas presents from all sides of the family and get me a new camera. This time, I think I'll get a new battery every year or two, and not have the original one for 4 years...

UNBELIEVABLE. SO MUCH FOR AWESOME FALL FEST PICTURES! Can you tell I'm not even close to over this yet??

7 comments:

Amy Porter said...

So now wouldn't be a good time to ask you to go with me to Tyler to the Children's Park to take pics of my kids! :) Only kidding...I'm sorry that your camera burned up! But think of how fun it will be to learn fun new tricks with a new one!

Spiess-cadets said...

i am really sorry about your camera!! i lost mine in Austin and probably said enough bad words to cover you for this one. =) ill be at fall fest with the camera i borrowed from steven's dad (its kinda a fancy one) and you can take lots of pics if you want to but could you also take some of parker too? you are WAY better at it than i am.

Rebekah said...

Ooohh, Mindi! So sad! I'm pretty sure Hilliard will cry for/with you when I show him what happened to your camera! (And perhaps we'll go change our battery too. Just to be safe!)

Holly said...

Oh Mindi! That just. plain. stinks!! I am sooo sorry!

Leslie said...

Oh Mindi! I am SO sorry about your camera. That makes me so sad too. I would also cry.

Addison is SO stinkin' cute. I can not get over her precious hair!!! Hope you are feeling okay and the pregnancy is going well.

Leah said...

I would be heartbroken! I can't afford a fancy one to begin with so to have it burn it...ouch! I think tears and a couple of choice words would have been my exact reaction!

The Davis Daily said...

Hey woman - I tried to send you the baby's website. Let me know if you got or just give me an email address. That is pretty much how we told people. I will be 10 weeks this coming Sat. We are truely excited and lucky we have friends and family like you. The prayers were a big plus!!