Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mexico

I'm way behind. I'm attempting to catch up! In August we went to Mexico for Craig and Nadine's wedding. Christopher was the best man and so it was such a sacrifice for us to go... Yeah right! NO, we did not take Addison. WE missed her like C-R-A-Z-Y but it was so nice to not have to worry about anything toddler related for 6 days! Anytime we heard a child cry we were so glad she was not with us.

WE had a pretty set routine while we were there... Wake up, eat breakfast and while at breakfast meet up with others in the group. Then head to the beach.

This picture was basically our view in the mornings Wednesday - Saturday!

Stupid blogger won't let me put these pictures where I want to... Here is who we hung out with all week. (Haley, Kelby, me, Chris, Cassy and Chad.)
Before we left for Mexico Christopher became obsessed with the Zack Brown Band song, toes in the water. So I knew we had to have this picture! (The lyrics are "toes in the water, @#$ in the sand, not a worry in the world a cold "drink" in my hand, life is good today) The song very much fit the week.
While relaxing on the beach Christopher would always do this. For some reason he was obsessed with covering his feet with sand! I just love the little kid in him.

While at the beach we would occasionally venture out into the water. Christopher's attempt at being a bay watch guy diving into the water!

The boys jumping the waves. (Chris, Craig, Chad and Kelby)

After lunch we would typically head to the pool where a game of water basketball would break out. This particular day Kelby and Chad stalked the people that had the water basketball but weren't playing. As a celebration of them finally getting the ball, they felt a team picture was necessary.

One of the rules they incorporated was that if the ball went out of the pool whoever shot it had to get it and perform a creative dunk on their way back into the pool. Here is Chad dunking over Chris on Kelby's shoulders. I thought it was a funny picture since it looks like Chad is stepping on Chris's head!

Nice follow through!

More beach pictures! Craig and Nadine on Friday before the wedding!

Craig decided it was necessary to take a picture of me and Chris.

Saturday before the wedding!

So beautiful!

One thing I would warn people about... if you decide to get married at the beach just know people are going to hang around to watch the wedding. This particular couple below stopped and talked to Cassy and I before the wedding and then came back to watch. The women was crying during the wedding and afterwards went up to take a picture with Rusty (Craig's dad who performed the wedding). I thought it was a bit odd so I asked Rusty about it later and he said that day was their 15th Anniversary so while Craig and Nadine were saying their vows, this couple renewed theirs to each other. I thought it was a great story!

A few more on lookers.

Okay, this picture... I was actually going for a picture of the man with the camera and video camera, only after I took the picture did I realize the speedo in the background... AWESOME! I mean, who wouldn't want these people at your wedding!!

A little pre-wedding buddy time up at the alter!

Nadine and her brother Eric.

Aren't they so cute! I love Nadine's face in this picture!

At the reception there was a lot of dancing! Here is Rusty breaking it down with his new daughter-in-law!!

Chris and Nadine... I'm sure they were both wishing their spouses were dancers. Too bad!!

Man, watching Nadine and her brother dance made me wish I had a little Hispanic blood in me so I could dance like they did. It was so fun to watch them!!
We had such great time. Christopher did admit that this vacation made him realize 2 things: 1) That we need to take a vacation every year (I was super pumped about this realization he made!) and 2) That if we are ever at the beach, we will ALWAYS upgrade to a beach front room. (Also, super excited about this.) On our honeymoon we would sit on our balcony and look out at the ocean, here we got to watch people walk by!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

You always take such great pictures! Looks like lots of fun!