Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July

Addison had a busy 4th of July!

First we decorated to take to the Howard's house for the church 4th of July Celebration! Unfortunately I left these cupcakes on the counter when we left... we had lots of cupcakes to eat!


What do you do while you are putting sprinkles on cupcakes and accidentally jam your fingers in the top of them??? Lick it off of course! (maybe it's a good thing we forgot them!!)

I also made a little cake since I had left over batter and no more cupcake holders. Addison decorated this as well. As you can see, the red sprinkles came out way better than the blue ones!

Thinking about swinging at the Howard's.

We had to ride the train! So we jumped on with Drew, the twins, Blake, Mallory and Amy!

Addison was cheesing it up for Mark who was trying to get her to smile for the camera. GREAT job Mark!!
Grandad got Addison some ice cream... she loved it!
YUMMY!
The girl thinks she can drink water out of the bottle, it's always interesting to see where it will end up...

So funny when you spill water all the way down your dress!

Pouring it into the cap is way more fun than drinking it!

We were thinking about trying the sparklers... she seems excited

Not so much. She didn't want to touch it and was ready for me to let go of it!

Fireworks!! She made it about 1 minute into them before she asked for paci and blanket. Then about 2 minutes after that she started hugging me saying "I don't want it" over and over. It was funny. So... I went as far back as I could go and held her and sang some of her funny Jack's Big Music Show songs and she feel asleep. It was about and hour after her bed time, but who falls asleep during fire works??

4th of July is an exhausting holiday!!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Mindi, you rock at blogging! I really wish I could hire you to blog for me! And take pictures....Our poor family!

annalee said...

i'm glad to see addison's fourth of july bows were absolutely fabulous too(not that i expected anything less!)