Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Was it Worth it??

So what did we do this weekend? Here are a few clues...



Yeah... that's right. We played in a flag football tournament in Allen. Several weeks ago we had decided to go and see Cassy, Chad and Cohen on Jan. 30 so we could watch Chad coach. About 2 hours after we decided that Chad called and said we needed to come that weekend because their church was having a flag football tournament. Christopher was SUPER excited. I was excited to watch and take pictures. Then... Cassy emailed me and said they were having a girls league also. So... after her signing me up without me knowing it I was the QB for the "artificial limbs!" I was glad she didn't really give me a chance to say no!

This picture I LOVE of Cassy blocking. When I first showed her, we cracked up (as much as we could without hurting). When I showed Chad all he said was "know wonder the other team didn't like y'all." But I like Cassy's point. She was TRYING to keep her hands closed to not pull on the girl, plus with girls its not as easy to "block with extended hands," you kind of feeling like you are violating the other person if you do. Yeah, their rules were a little more lax then ACU rules. Hence a fight in the men's rec league, and someone getting kicked out of the men's champ league!

Just me running, and Kat, my AMAZING running back blocking for me!
Cassy cheering me on!

As you can see, the Artificial Limbs are holding up a #1! That's right... we WON! There were only 3 teams and we had to play the purple team (Tough Almighty Princesses) twice. Really 2 1/2 times since our last game went into 4 over times! WE were SOOO tired. If we had lost we would have had to play them for a 3rd times and none of us had ANYTHING left. We were pretty excited to win, but more excited for it to be OVER!

How we really felt after the games were over. It's not an exaggeration... I fell asleep on the couch as soon as we put abc in bed at 7:30, then I got up and went to bed at 8:30. What an exciting guest I was huh!

Chris and Chad in their backfield.

Chad looks so serious

Buddy time on the field!!

HE looks so sad. This was in their last game (their 4th game of the day). The boys got 3rd place!

LOVE this picture of one of his touchdowns. Seriously, I'm not sure how he hasn't bitten off his tongue... but the saddest thing about this picture - look at his shirt... his GSP shirt. I told him that it would get ripped if he wore it he didn't care as much as I did. He said "I'll just have to have Ricky get me a new one!"

Chad is so serious.

The four of us after it was ALL OVER!! The soreness had already set in, and is actually still in! Christopher said he hurt worse than he did after his marathon. If there had been a video camera on us for the last several days it would be sooo funny to watch was try and do normal things with legs that barely work. Great news though... today I could get my left leg in the car without having to pull it up with my arms!

In case you were wondering what we did with the kids while we were playing... Big T and Carla, Chad's parents, came down from Gainesville to watch everyone play and help with the kids! They had so much fun! Carla, THANK YOU so much! Tell Big T Addison picked up a million little sticks in our front yard Sunday and kept saying "tick" and bring them to us!

Wanted to give a shout out to Big T! He volunteered the last game while Carla had the kids at Chad and Cassy's (asleep!!)

Now... for what some of you really want to see...

future models? Don't they look good!!

Cohen really liked the pink sunglasses!!

Check out that jump shot. Only 17 months old, you should see how well he can shoot and throw, UNBELIEVABLE!!

Close up of Cohen telling us who was #1!

Sharing was not their forte this weekend. Cohen was getting in trouble for hitting Addison and telling her NO when she was trying to get in front of him on the slide. I laughed when he did it... sorry Chad.

Cohen wanted up and Addison wanted down... it ended with Cohen at the top and Addison screaming.

See what I mean about sharing!!

Who's mohawk is better??
All in all it was a great weekend! I'm still debating on whether or not the soreness was worth the football fun... I'm leaning towards the yes side!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute they are !!!!!Not just talking about the kids!!! The pictures were great!!! Funny ya'll don't look sore!!

Honey

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Hey there! This is Amy your center:-) I love the pictures. That one of Cassy blocking is hilarious. LOL! So glad to hear other people were really sore. I thought I was just the old one! ha. Thanks for being our quarterback. You rock! Glad to find your blog too. And of course the kids are adorable!

You'll have to check out my other blog since you have that fancy smancy camera:-) It's a photography sharing site. Lots of fun...
http://iheartfaces.com