Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Creepin' Like a Creeper

As we say in the great game of Wahoo, she’s "creepin' like a creeper!" In reference to having a baby that translates into not much! I went from “barely a 1” to “almost a 1” today. I’m not sure what the difference in those two terms are but it made me feel a little better that he at least changed the wording this week…

So we did have a little bit of a hiccup in our Dr’s appointment routine today. When he went to check her heart rate he said that he thought it was a little low and then picked up, but he wanted to monitor it for an hour. So he sent me around the corner to Labor and Delivery to get monitored. Everything was fine. I only spent 45 minutes on the monitor, he said that he wasn’t sure what he heard, maybe he just heard my heart rate at first and then hers. The nurse that was in there was my favorite nurse and she could tell that I was a little, okay a lot, nervous. She said that that is why they love Dr. Paul so much because of how cautious he is. As weird as it seems it was good to be down there for a little bit. Christopher and I were asking Tammy all kinds of questions and she helped a lot. Mostly our questions revolved around “real” labor and what to expect and so on.

Dr. Paul did say that if I have not had her by the time I go in for my appointment next Wednesday we’ll set a date to induce either Thursday or Friday. After he said that and left Tammy told us what all that meant and what all he would do during that time, it was great to have all that information already! I always said that I would like to keep my pregnancy going as long as I am comfortable and the Dr. thinks that it’s okay. I feel like 4 or 5 days past the due date maybe a little soon to induce, but in the words of Dr. Paul “there’s really no reason to keep her in there longer than that.” So if that’s what the Dr. says, then that’s what I’m going with! At least there is an end in sight, although the end could come earlier than that… (I’m sort of still rooting for Mr. Mark Porter to be right!)

5 comments:

Corbitt Family said...

I am sticking to my guess of next Wed. I think when you go to the doctor next week he will say it is time!

Amy Porter said...

For your sake, I hope Mark is right...b/c I know that you are ready for her to be here, but for bragging rights I hope Mark is wrong and she comes Saturday...at 6:29!!

Allison said...

Come on Wed the 5th!!! That's still my guess!! Oh and my time we'll say 3:37 pm! :)

I actuall went over my due date with Hudson 3 days and we were induced. It was the best experience ever. It went so easy and great (because we were overdue) that he was ready to come. That's how it'll be for Addison. She'll be so ready by then that you'll just breeze thru the labor and delivery part!!!

Praying for you guys. It's the greatest experience in the world being parents!!

Lori said...

Annalee was 8 days late and I still had to be induced! She was warm and happy in there! The upside: my body was super ready to go into labor, so it was short and sweet- no pitocin needed, the doc just had to break my water. Good luck...I can't wait to see pics of your sweet one!

Leslie said...

Just checking in with you. Hope you are feeling okay. Thinking about you in these next few days. Sleep every spare minute you have. NO KIDDING. You will wish you had.