Sunday, December 03, 2006

Out with the old...


I took this picture on my last ride to work in the Saturn. I had no idea how hard it was actually going to be to give her up. She's been good to me, I mean we did just buy her new shoes. I was stopped at a stop light about 5 miles before the dealership and thought "What am I doing, I can get another 100,000 miles out of her. We really don't need a new car, should I be doing this." It's then (and the fact that I nearly burst into tears in the GMC parking lot) that I realized I have a hard time letting go of things. But I mean it's the Saturn. She even cried on our way to work that morning, only for a few seconds and she had never made that noise before, I knew she was sad. I was sad. When I got to the dealership Joe was helping another guy so I could have gone inside and not frozen, but I didn't, I stood outside, with my bag on my shoulder and coat in hand just standing by her, soaking in those last few moments that we had left together. Yes, I teared up, I said my good-byes. I'm glad that I have those extra minutes...

In with the new!!

Here is the new one! Yes, I'm excited! I like all the buttons, the seat warmers, radio, the fact that I do not feel like I'm sitting on the pavement but mainly it's the quietness. It's so quiet compared to the Saturn! Like I told Jaymie, I think I could fall asleep while driving, there's no noise to keep me awake! So I got the car on Friday night and have already put 100 miles on it. Now the miles on Christopher's truck are going to slow down because I feel that we will be taking this everywhere now! (which is fine as long as I get to drive!) My argument in that... He never wanted to drive my car before but now it's a fight, so apparently he was too good for the Saturn!

This was a long decision coming and we are glad that we made it! Jaymie and Amy called it my "mom car," maybe someday, just not yet.

We really are glad to have this and know that we are blessed because we can have it. Throughout this whole process I keep thinking back to when we were making our decisions for what our commitment was going to be for Advancing the Vision at church. We ended up upping our amount a few times and then Chris said that he felt sick at his stomach and wondered how we were going to be able to make it happen. Jay Knight told us that's where we should be and that's where God wants us. He wants us to have commit that to him and have to trust that he is going to work it out and we will be blessed because of it, we truly have been. I know that to some it sounds strange, but I thank God for our car, it's because of Him that we could do it!

I couldn't get these pictures to send to my mom, so I'm putting them on my post.

No comments: