Sunday, October 05, 2008

Long time no blog...

well, for those of you that are still out there waiting for an update... here you go...

Hurricane Ike: Our neighbor had a tree fall on his house before the big winds even came in. Christopher wasn't going to go over and help until I was watching and our other neighbor, older man, was helping and he slipped on the roof HOLDING HIS CHAINSAW. I told Chris and he jumped up and went to change, he got out of folding towels since he went to help! Funny thing about this, more of a "Okay, thanks God, I get it" moment... the day before I had a super long blog ready to post about this particular neighbor and what I think his occupation is and my thoughts on him, but I decided not to post it. So I'm part of the reason I pushed Christopher to go help was because of my guilty conscience...


We lost electricity for only 24 hours, we stayed the night in Elysian Fields with Christopher's parents. Before we left Christopher decided to play with Addison and her shopping cart. He thought it would be a good idea to put her in it and push her around. Made me nervous, but she loved it and now she tries to climb in it by herself!

The Porter's lost electricity for about 4 or 5 days so 2 nights they stayed with us!! Before bath time one night they jumped on the trampoline... has to be before bath time since it turns everything black. I wanted to get a shot of all of their feet, this was as close as I could get!! We had to do some rearranging, Blake is the only one that had his own room... Addison bunked with us. Blake had Addison's room, Amy and Mallory slept in the guest room and Mark had the couch we were a full house, but it was a fun slumber party time!!
Blake says "Party in Addison's bed!"

I think he changed his mind!

FUNNY FACES FROM THE PAST FEW WEEKS...
"These ravioli's are GREAT!"

I can fly!!
She loves to play with her tongue!

Not real sure what this is...
So I went to College Station for my first Aggie football game. Addison stayed with my mom and later that night my dad cooked steaks. Addison was sitting in my mom's lap while she was eating and decided to just pick up the steak and eat it... she had to have another bath!!


Last weekend we went to Mansfield for Christopher to help his brother put in hard wood floors. Addison, however, went to her first football game! We met my sister at the Everman football game that was only 15 minutes away! Addison has seen football on TV a lot, but never in real life... she wasn't too impressed, her favorite part was the giant dog (the Everman Bulldog mascot). Here she is with Camden watching the last few seconds of the game!


Watching the Cowboy game riding her horse... Like her new Cowboy bow??

I mentioned to Donna, a lady that I work with, that I wanted to try and make fuzzy bows, she said she had a boa that I could have. Well Donna, I haven't made bows yet, but Addison sure likes to play in it!!!

Saturday we went to Western Days in Hallsville! Addison liked watching the band and really anything that went by. It was bright out, can you see her sunglasses... she left them on until I took them off. It cracks me up, she'll leave them on when it's bright out, but the second you get in the car or inside the throws them off!! I guess she's so smart she knows what they are for!!

Here's the other reason we went to Western Days... I've officially sold my first bows!!! A lady that we go to Church with has a website and... longer story than I would like to type... but we found each other and I put some bows in her booth at Western Days and soon to be on her website! I sold about 20 at Western Days! It was a last minute thing, so these were all the ones I made in 2 days...
This one was one of my favorites...
This one went over well in East Texas! I got there at 9:45 and 2 of them were already gone (it started at 9:00)
That's all for now! I'm tired, even though I slept for 12 hours last night... yeah, that's right, I fell asleep while Christopher was putting Addison in bed.

7 comments:

Amy Porter said...

I love the picture of the "party in the crib." I laughed out loud!! Fun memories of the slumber party! Cute pictures of Addison. I love the boa!

annalee said...

wow, what an update! your bows are great. you've gotta let us know the website you are selling some of them on!

Anonymous said...

Addison has your eyes and your fohead.....in some of the pictures she looks so much like you did when you were little!!!!Great job on the bows.....

Love HONEY

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindi -- It's your cousin, Kris. I'm not sure of your email address and I have some stuff to share with you. If you get a chance, drop me a note at RKHoelscher@centurytel.net Hope to hear from you.

Jessica said...

Congrats on selling some bows! You could have a new career in your midst! I am loving getting to know your sweet girl.

Spiess-cadets said...

I love your bows!!!I think I need one to wear!

Kristen said...

What a fun time! Addison is so cute with her curly hair. :)
Love your bows! Don't you love selling bows? I have been selling them too. I sell them at Casey's work (it has a boutique section).
Where do you get the curly ribbon, do you make it or buy it?