Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Family, Aunts, Wedding, Pool and one Idiot.

Has it really been almost 3 weeks since I posted? Yeah, so that means that this is going to be, and is, a SUPER long post. It has been a family filled 3 weeks, that is for sure. I'll start at the beginning and get to the idiot part, or if you want to skip to the end... go ahead. I'll wait... ... ...

The Saturday after Chad and Cassy left (May 17) Chris and I went out to eat for our 4 year anniversary. 4 years, really, has it been that long. That means that we've been together for 7.5 years and known each other 9.5 years. That seems like such a long time.

Christopher's Papa's wife, Shirley had been sick for a while. Saturday night we were talking to Christopher's parents when we went to pick up Addison and they said that Harold, Papa, had told them that the Dr's said that she didn't have much longer. Well, Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church Kim called to tell us that Shirley had passed away. We were very sad, for her family and for Harold. How is it that God can allow a man to lose two wives to cancer 1 day short of seven years apart and have their memorial services exactly seven years apart. What seems fair about that? NOTHING. Chris did say that he thought that God put those two together so that Shirley would have someone to care for her while she was sick. Harold did, he was a great nurse, caretaker, everything.

There was a lot of family that came in early that week. The Russell boys came in from Denver. They had so much fun playing with Addison. As you can see...

Addison was intrigued by Jake.
Brian really did like playing with Addison, although his expression in this picture doesn't show it.
Her and Kyle playing in the mirror.
Addison has also discovered the dishwasher. She loves to play in it, it's so funny to watch, push and pull, push and pull...

Just a cute picture of her with Christopher.
Ewww, Daddy, yucky kisses...
Awhh, stop I said...

The next weekend (May 23) Christopher went to Lake Fork with a bunch of his friends so my sisters came into town to spend the weekend.

Mary Beth and Addison had so much fun together! No Mary is not about it hit her in this picture, I think I caught her in the middle of a game of peek-a-boo. Mary did teach Addison how to play peek-a-boo above and below the coffee table, it's her new favorite game. Thanks Mary...
Saturday night we went and had pedicures. Addison got passed around while we were in our chairs, Mary giggled like a little girl anytime they touched her feet and my lady coughed (yes coughed) on my feet while she was painting them. I thought that I was going to throw up.
Last weekend we went to Oklahoma City. No, not for the Women's College World Series, but for my cousins wedding. The hotel didn't have a bathtub in our room so we had to improvise, Addison didn't seem to mind.
I never seem to get a picture of me and my sisters, at least I got one of them with Addison!
Here is my cousin Amanda trying to juggle Talon and Addison, as you can tell by Addison's sideways bow it was a little hard.
Here is my dad's sisters and mom. Kathy, far left, and Joyce, far right, bought the same dress for the wedding without the other one knowing and didn't bring anything else to wear for the wedding, aren't they cute!
Grandma and Addison
Addison enjoyed Vernon's beard!
I thought it was funny how Addison turns around to see the people in the front seat. She liked talking to Mary.
Sunday the Porters came over to swim. Didn't Mark do an awesome job of finding Mallory's swimsuit while Amy was at a meeting! Top that was too small and no bottoms! She was still cute though in just her swim diaper! She couldn't wait to go swim with "Cwis."
How cute is Blake! We got him this swimsuit for his birthday so that he could come and use it at the "spa!"
Mallory also decided to go off the diving board for the first time. She went off of it about 10 times! At first she just stepped off, then she started jumping, and pushing Christopher under in the mean time, it was funny.
Okay, the idiot part. When I was in high school my English teacher said that idiot meant "uninformed." I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that is what I was today for sure! So I like to back my car into the garage. Today I was completely uninformed about where I was on my left side, I am usually too close on the right side and that is where I watch. I heard this noise and wondered what I back backing over, not thinking that I was backing into the house... the pictures tell the rest.
Not too much damage on the back end of the car... I hope. Sometimes the little ones can be more expensive.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have joined your sisters and I with your backing up skills!!!!I taught you well.....You know of coarse that I love seeing you and your sisters all together...Someday you'll understand. Addison has gotten to big since i saw her..she looks like she's slimming down a bit!!!Can't wait to seeeeee you.
LOVE
HONEY

Kate said...

Addison is so cute! And getting so big! I want to squeeze those little cheeks! When I first looked at the picture of where you backed into the side of the house I thought it might be where Beth broke your door off! Glad it didn't do too much damage. Hooray for summertime and pool parties!