Sunday, June 08, 2008

9 months old

In honor of Addison being 9 months old I decided that I would write 9 things that make me laugh about her (most of the time).

9. How much she hates going to sleep. Of course this is only funny after the 20 minute “war” is over and she is asleep in her crib. Not funny when she wins…

8. If whatever she is eating is too thick she’ll gag and try very hard not to swallow.

7. She loves her bath time, but her favorite thing is to see the "naked baby" in the mirror before she gets into the bath. (this has resulted in her peeing on the cabinet several times!!)

6. The fact that she thinks it’s hilarious to pull up on the toilet… while you’re going to the bathroom…

5. She only says “Hi” to strangers if they are ignoring her, the longer they don’t pay attention to her, the louder the “hi” gets. However, if they start talking to her first she acts shy.

4. When I go to get her out of her bed after a nap and she pats my back as if she’s saying “Thank you mommy, Thank you for rescuing me!”

3. She gasps when she gets real excited.

2. She smells her blanket like I did. If she's really sleepy and you put it to her face she'll grab it and hold it to her nose and fall on your shoulder, it's like you drugged her.

1. When she makes her old man face!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is when she sniffs her blanket and when she gasps :-)

Love y'all
Mel

Anonymous said...

The amazing adventures of Addison and Amanda! (AKA Triple A)


Yesterday Addison and I went to the Alpine men's softball game. Addison was there to watch her daddy and I was there to watch my husband Steven. Oh the things we saw at the game. My BFF Addison loved to watch her daddy bat and hit the ball. She even told me that she thinks her daddy is the fastest. I told her that while Chris is fast, I think that Steven is just as fast. After a strong debate over the subject, we decided that they are both just as fast as the other. This is how it will stay until we can have a race.
During the game Addison saw that the sun was getting in my eyes so she decided to let me borrow her hat. You know she is the best friend a girl could have. So I squeezed the baby hat onto my huge melon of a head and continued to watch the Alpine's mens team beat the Stormin Mormons. When the game was over Addison and I parted ways. We were sad but it's ok because there are many more softball games to watch. Until then....Don't forget Addison and Amanda BFFE!

Mindi said...

Amanda you make me laugh! And... if you are going to call it the AMAZING adventures then it would be quadruple A, come on math teacher!!

Just so everyone else dosen't get confused I gave Amanda a hard time about never commenting on the blog so she said that she was going to use my comments section as her own mini blog of "The Amazing Adventures of Addison and Amanda!" Can't wait to read more!!

Leslie said...

so funny. I love all of those. As you said before. They are SO much alike