Girls Trip #6
incredible weekend I must say! Girls trip #6 has come and gone. So many fun things from the weekend. My favorite, the TV never got turned on! That is something so huge in my book, no movies, no news, NO ESPN, no distractions just conversation. Of course most of the conversation took place in the wee hours of the morning, but what do you expect when you get 9 girls together who haven't all been together since January!
The weekend started with dinner and a 2 hour talk at the restaurant. We stayed so long that they brought us the broken cookies that we could not sell. Then came the fun part... Baby shower time! We had a shower for Natalie and little Magna girl, Tam and Kynli, and Sara and Madalyn, via video! Natalie was excited, as was Tam and I guess we'll only know Sara's expressions if she sends a video back!
The best moment of the weekend... JENNA's pregnant. It never fails, something exciting is usually happening every girls trip, this time it was Jenna! Perfect timing for her to tell us. Everyone went crazy, especially Beth since she had just lied to us in the car on the way to dinner, but oh well, it was more exciting with everyone there! Just a little hard to grasp that Jenna and Matt are going to be parents, I wonder if she'll let him deliver the baby...
Saturday we went to bed around 3:00, me anyways there were those that saw 5:00 am, and woke up at 11:00 at breakfast and went to lay out at the Pinson's. It was WONDERFUL! Although I have a pool I don't get to do that near as much as I would like. Especially with 8 other girls, and one Jack of course! I think we floated/layed for around 2 hours, so much fun relaxing. Then it was off to shopping, didn't really buy much, but it's just more fun with 7 others than myself, for sure more fun than taking Christopher!
How did our weekend wrap up? Rice Crispy treats, and another late night. I think I was out around 1:00, but there were those that were still in conversation long after that. Then Sunday... Oh the hour and 45 minute trip to church that I will never forget. All for the sake of the cause, right Kami! It's just too bad that we only heard the invitation song, but we still were able to meet Kami's new friends and have lunch! Good times!
All in all a very successful weekend. It's so wonderful to have a group of 14 other girls that I can honestly say are my good friends. There are a few of that I do not know as well as the others, but as it has in the past, it will come with time! I really regret not being in this group of girls earlier. I spent the first few years of ACU in another group of friend and then my junior year was adopted into this one. I love them all so much! Not many people can have 14 prayers lifted up in a time of need or of praise with just the touch of a button. I truly believe that I am so incredibly blessed to have them!
Pictures to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment