Thursday, June 29, 2006

So I'm still trying to get into the hang of this. I'm not even real sure if anyone will read this, or if I want anyone reading this...

This weekend I get to go home! Gainesville home that is! It's been so long since I've been there, I've missed it so much. Crazy to think about though is that this could be one of the last times that I travel up that way and end up on County Road 136. I could shortly be traveling to College Station to see the fam. I honestly wonder what will happen if my Dad heads over to Texas A&M. Will he like it? Will be like teaching as much as he did at K-State? Will mom be happy? I guess we'll find out in about a week if the move is going to happen or not.

To me it will be a sad day leaving the great town of Callisburg, I do have a hard time letting go of things. However, I only spent 4 years there before heading out to ACU. Mark however spent 6 and Mary Beth, well, she's still there, so it's been almost 11 years for her. That would be harder for them. They invested more, painting, mowing, fence work, barn work. I mean they have made one of the biggest horse manure piles I've ever seen at any of our houses. Lots of stories from that house, lots of things that I'd like to forget that happened, but many laughable memories also.

I guess that my big thing is that if they do head to College Station it won't feel like home anymore. I mean I would have never lived in the house that they will buy. No younger memories of it. Sort of sad to think that it won't be my "home," but if home is where your mom is, like Bebo says, then it will have to be home for me!

No comments: