Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A GREAT nights sleep?!?!?!?

First... our internet has been down. Before any other updates I would like to share with you our morning:

4:30 am – awakened by the meanest bark and growl I have ever heard from Chutch. Usually a tap on the window and he stops. So Christopher taps on the window

4:32 am – barking resumes, another tap on the window.

4:34 am – we hear scurrying outside of our bedroom followed by more barking, growling and a little hissing.

4:37 am – Chris goes outside to tell Chutch to be quiet and to see if he can see any little animals running around.

4:40 am – awhh… 3 minutes of quietness…. Then comes the loudest train EVER (we live about a mile from train track) with the loudest horn EVER.

4:42 – 4:51 – repeat the previous sequence of events

4:52 am – another Train, AWESOME… this time Chris and I just laugh

4:55 am – quiet for the last few minutes… CAUGH, CAUGH Addison is now coughing up some of the awesome drainage from getting new teeth. I go in to check on her and cover her back up.

4:58 am – Chutch is now whining… I assume he has killed whatever it was he was chasing and is now sad that he has nothing to play with…

5:05 am – awesome, must have dozed off for a few minutes. Then I hear running, animals against the house followed by very intense barking. Christopher says, “hey, isn’t it almost time for you to get up?” my alarms goes off at 5:20…

5:07 am – a few more knocks on the window then I cover my face with the pillow…

5:20 am – ALARM… SNOOZE

5:30 am – ALARM, lay in bed a listen to barking waiting on Chris’s alarm to go off.

5:40 am – ALARM… I get up.

6:10 am – Chris gets up, goes to see what the deal is with Chutch (he didn’t stop barking this whole time, I think we just tuned it out) finds, nothing, just Chutch barking at nothing, he says "it's like Chutch has a little dog trapped in the fence with the pool pump"

6:40 am – I’m ready, Chris just left for work and ABC is still asleep so I get back in bed and decide to sleep until she wakes up… barking… AMBULANCE… now howling…

7:20 am – ABC wakes up.

7:25 am – notice that the gate to the pool pump is sort of opened so I go out to check on it and it prove to Chutch once and for all that there is nothing out there, whatever he was chasing is now GONE. I say “Chutch there is nothing here, you need to stop…” I see something furry move behind all the pool pipes, I think “It’s weird that a squirrel would stay back here and not try to run.” Oh no… not a squirrel… RACCOON!!! How did a raccoon get into our back yard?

I then run inside and grab the camera, of course, he looks so scared. His little eyes just said “HELP ME!”

7:35 am – Kim, Chris’ mom, arrives and tried to go and prod it out of the pool pump area.. no go, he’s not moving…

9:10 am – animal control arrives. Raccoon is out of the fence, only to escape the pole rope thing and jump into the pool… Animal control guy gets him and puts it in a cage. He assures me that the raccoon will not be killed, he will just be released somewhere else. (Christopher said that he’s sure they were actually going to kill the raccoon.)

10:00 – arrive at work…

It’s been a long day… I’m sure I will be asleep tonight as soon as ABC is!!

6 comments:

Amy Porter said...

That is CRAZY!! You said you went in to get the camera...did you not get any pictures of the little critter?!! Hope you get more sleep tonight!

Silverthornes said...

ugh, sounds miserable!!!

Nadine said...

I can't believe you tried to poke it with a stick! Do you know how mean those things are? But, I'm glad he didn't bite you. Rabies would have really ruined your day. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Kelby said...

Chris is right, the killed the racoon then made a coon skin cap out of it. I bet the animal control guy wears it around straight Davy Crockett style.

Jessica said...

holy crap! what a day!

Kelsie said...

YOU POOR THING!!! I feel for ya I know how it is not to get any sleep