Friday, July 04, 2008

PHASES

So I go through phases. I’m either a good blogger or a good bow maker; I’m not good at doing both. So since Jill bought me some more ribbon and I have to have those 4th of July bows completed by today I have been slacking on my blogging. Sorry to any of you out there who have been waiting. I’ve been bow making, chasing Addison and working. I also finally emailed someone at Camp Sweeney and got the login information to look at all the kids this summer. I started writing about Sweeney and it turned into a book, that will have be to another post.

Thank you to all of you who responded to being a blog stalker. Aimee, I promise I’m going to email you. When I got your comment I raised my hands in the air and looked at Christopher and said “That made it all worth it right there. All the aggravation, but I got Aimee’s email!” He laughed and said “I’m glad!” I had originally planned on leaving that post on there for a week to see who all would respond. I didn’t mean to leave it for 2 weeks. Sorry. Nadine, thanks for calling me out. What, you think that now that you are a resident you can just tell me what to do and I’ll do it… I guess that you can, it worked!

So what have we been up to the last two weeks, sorry this is so long. I like to keep it for my information too… stick with it. There are some cute pictures.

Wednesday, June 18
Kanyon finally came over to play again. I can’t believe it, but neither Jaymie nor I took any pictures. Kanyon just hung out in Addison’s jumper and Addison just moved around trying to get as close as she could to him and played with everything he was trying to play with. The funniest thing, when she would start to get close to him he literally would growl at her. Seriously, he did it twice.

Thursday, June 19
We have a park close to our house and Addison loves to swing. This time I actually took pictures.


Friday, June 20
Addison is going to be in the newspaper! She is the newest model for Good Shepherd Medical Center – Marshall! Long story but it ended with Rand and I deciding that Addison needed to be the model for the add instead of a random baby that we didn’t know and wasn’t born at our hospital. So we had to have a little photo shoot! Here is the add (it wouldn't upload) as well as my favorite pictures that came from our mini photo shoot!


Saturday, June 21
Addison finally decided to walk while pushing her toy. We’ve been working on this but she never showed any interest in it until then. I was fun to watch. Now she’ll push it all over the house. If she runs into something the growls with frustration, it’s funny. I know it’s a noise that I make that she’s picked up on. She also enjoyed watching herself walk.


Wednesday, June 25
Ever since Russ let me borrow his great camera Amy and I have been trying to find a way to get together so that I could take pictures of Mallory and Blake. We made a plan ahead of time this time and went to take pictures at Letourneau University. I thought that it would be nice and pretty grass, flowers, buildings… I was a little disappointed in the scenery that we had but it worked out and we got several good pictures. (I tried to pick different ones than Amy posted, so you can go to her blog if you would like to see a few more!)









Saturday, June 28
We drove to Mansfield to see Kallen and Kelsey (Christopher’s brother) and their new house. It was fun. Addison enjoyed the openness of their house and being able to push her toy around everywhere. She also enjoyed climbing the stairs. On Sunday she climbed them at least 3 times (this was also an attempt to get her tired so she could sleep the whole way home. My sister Melissa came for a little while on Sunday. I was glad that we got to see her for a little bit. I was supposed to get to see her on Saturday but it didn’t work out. Having a baby and having to go by their schedule and not your own and mess up a lot of plans. OH well, that’s what it’s all about right! Sacrifice.
Wednesday, July 2
We had our 9 month appointment. She’s was 6 days short of 10 months actually. Everything was great! 18 lbs. 12.4 oz. 28 inches long. She was 50 percentile with weight and 75th with height. What… where did the height come from? Since we were in Marshall I had made her a nursery appointment for the LlifeCenter so I could work out after her Dr. appointment. I was able to run! I ran for 20 min. that might sound like not much to some, but it’s the first time that I’ve gone that far in about 2 years! My knee never hurt (I injured it training for a ½ marathon 3 years ago) and I felt really good running!
That should catch you up. I’m still working on catching up on other blogs. Christopher is beating me to them. Cassy-Chris called today and said “wake Addison up, she’s got to start walking, Cohen is walking, he can’t beat her.” I thought it was funny. Incidentally, she did take her first step on her own today (before the phone call).

Thanks to those of you who are still reading! You’re troopers!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I just wanted you to know that the reader from Gainesville is probably me. I go from Cassy's blog to yours and I absolutely love seeing Addison's pictures and hearing about what she is doing. I think it is funny that Chris was afraid Cohen would beat her in walking. It is adorable to see your little one walk, but watch out. Life will never be the same.
Carla Lawson

Kelsie said...

Wow that was a long one, but I loved every min of it. Hope you had a great 4th

Amy Porter said...

Even though I see yall all the time, I still enjoyed reading all of this...especially the part with my kids! :)

Anonymous said...

The adventures of Addison and Amanda continue....
Boy was it ever an eventful week for the two of us. I got to see my best friend 2 times! The first time was at the 4th of July extravaganza. We had so much fun playing and watching all the fireworks. Addison also told me that I was officially her best friend. I was so happy. I knew I was but it was just good to hear. Then we saw each other at Carmen and Justin's wedding. We were able to watch tow of our good friends get married which was awesome. Addison loved my berry creation that I did for their wedding. Well i know its exciting but thats all I got for now.

Mindi said...

Amanda, you forgot about the lingerie shower / lunch...

Nadine said...

Glad you're back! You should feel super special because you have the only "kid-blog" that I read. I think I'll blog about it.

Leslie said...

What kind of camera are you using? Those pics are AWESOME! Have you taken classes or are you just naturally that good? When are you coming to DFW again? We need to get these girls together.

Kristen said...

So cute! Glad you got Aim's email, you could have emailed me and I would have given it to you. HA!
Addison is precious! Love your catch-up blog--lots going on! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanna hear the grrr, does it sound like you??? I'm back, a day early. Check your email. I leave Friday, and come back sunday...are you and addison coming next week??? Please do!! Then I have to go back to school :-(

Mel

kt said...

Those are really great pictures. How could you go wrong with such beautiful children? Karen T.

Alyson said...

She is so cute! I love those teeth with her sweet little grin.